Thursday, November 25, 2010

How high is too high?

So my blood pressure reading today was 156/106. This is the highest I've ever seen it. Two weeks ago it was at 135/85 but that was at my regular doctor. Today, I had the pleasure of being examined by a doctor with Medibank for my student visa extension. She said they were understaffed today so she basically rushed through the examination and used the manual bp machine (which she said couldn't give her an accurate reading) and then she used an electronic one that kept stalling and kept squeezing my arm for a good 2 minutes without releasing the pressure until I had pins and needles in my fingers. Yikes. What an experience.

She says it won't affect the visa application though but did advise me to monitor my bp. Nevermind, I'll go back to my own doctor to recheck that blood pressure. At least she doesn't say she's on her way out to lunch so she needs to hurry it up. It's not as if the checkup was cheap, it cost me $230 dammit! Sheesh!

2 comments:

  1. you know that i'll do your checkup for free right? anyways the manual BP machine actually gives a more accurate reading than then digital one.... hope your BP comes down wdg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe thanks Deds! I know I can always count on you. Oh and I salah pula, de cost of the checkup was a whopping $263! And now my dr says let's just do a referral to a cardiologist to shut them up. LOL. Luckily dat one is covered under my insurance :)

    ReplyDelete