Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oh but to (only) think of the good things in life

So I had an interesting day yesterday on the emotional spectrum. First, I was extremely happy and proud of the fact that I managed to wake up on time for my 9 am shift despite working until 9 pm the previous day. Then I caught the 8.31 tram which was late by 4 minutes, making me, for the first time in weeks, early for my 9 am shift.   Well done me!

Anyway, work was work. Had a mixture of really good customers and only had one obnoxious one who didn't want me to rearrange his plants on the trolley, which by the way was being squashed at the top because it was too tall to be on the bottom part of the trolley. OK then, whatever makes you happy mate! Then I covered breaks at the door and at the Service Desk. No problem, the phone kept ringing and customers keep coming but hey, it's all in a day's work. It was fine and I could handle it. I may have transferred calls to different departments but no biggie :)

Then the best news came in, E. got a job!!! Hooray, after months of waiting and biting our nails, she had good news. I was so excited I even told my colleagues Michaela, Vicky and Rhonda about it. Although Vicky did confuse 'architect' with 'actress', a minor but hilarious detail I forgot to mention to E. about during our lunch date today.

Oh then got all my shifts sorted out for the next 3 weeks. Looks like I'll be doing some extra hours to make up for the time off during exams. Phew, such a relief to get that sorted. Plus got compliments from Boss-Man, i.e. 'brilliant girl', 'my star pupil', etc which totally made my day! I guess hard work does pay off especially when you work hard, do whatever's needed of you, take minimal (by minimal I mean zero) sick days and basically turn up for your shifts as indicated by your roster without being overly plagued by life's dramas, people are bound to take notice. :)

So after all this happiness, you'd be sure to think I had a great day yesterday. Almost. I received a comment from my Mum  on one of my Facebook pics  that really hurt me. To the point of tears. I ended up going to bed at 8.30pm and tossed and turned the whole night. The comments have since been deleted but I guess there's no deleting the unnecessary pain it caused. I know I will need to let go and not dwell on this, and I'm working on it. It just shook my faith and belief in unconditional love a bit. Will need a bit of time to recover but I think I'm doing well.

I just need to remind myself of the good things.

2 comments:

  1. Hey *Star Pupil*, I know we've been over this already, but just want to know as you're always there for me, I'm always here for you too. Hugs.

    And, actress eh? I think I'll be unemployed for much, much longer...;)

    ReplyDelete