I feel sad today. No particular reason, I just do. Might be due to the fact that Mum's gone back home and the house is once again quiet. Don't get me wrong, I do love my moments of solitude but I guess too much of a good thing might not be very good at all. Might also be due to finishing up my final assignment this semester. Where has the time gone? Soon it'll be exam season and along with it, many hours of burning the midnight oil.
Being a psychologist in training and all, I think I'm a bit down today because I don't feel in control of my life at the moment.
My boss told me yesterday that he will be arranging for me to be trained up for Service Desk. We caught up yesterday for a coffee session (I didn't have coffee because I had a raging migraine and yet still managed to turn up to work) and I told him that my course load is extremely heavy so I wouldn't want to be on Service Desk full time otherwise I wouldn't be able to cope, and he wouldn't see me at work at all. I did however say that I appreciate him thinking that I'm capable of handling Service Desk matters and that I don't mind covering breaks when they need me to. But full time Service Desk is a bit too much at the moment.
(PS - being on Service Desk puts you in the front line of customer abuse and after an intense study session, my bullet-proof vest is a bit tattered and worn so I might not be able to control my emotions).
Then there was the time where I wasn't given time off from work because they were short of staff. So I came in to work to find that my register was being used by a newbie and so I basically had to loiter around for the entire shift. Oh and don't get me started on people who have no qualms about taking sick days when my request for leave was declined. And this particular person knew I had 2 assignments to pass up back-to-back and that my leave was declined and yet still took sick leave for no illness-related reason, although one may argue that she's probably sick in the head. Is it too much to ask to think of someone else for a change?? Yes, I am still bitter. Because I had to pass up my assignments late.
Sigh... I know I have a lot of things to be grateful for but today is just one of those days. Ah well, the psychic did tell me that I'd be prone to depression but didn't we know that already?
Anyway, to get me out of these blues, my mantra will be:
1. I am grateful for the good things - my family, my friends, my job, my course and the fact that spring is here!
2. There are other people with bigger problems out there so I should count myself lucky.
3. Good things are worth waiting for - perseverance is key!
Till my next blog, love u guys lots and thanks for listening to my whines.
*hugs*
ReplyDeletefor that person who took a sick leave when your leave was declined... karma will bite back
Soldier on babe, I'll be your ally.
ReplyDeleteI think to an extent, we are all slightly sick in the head, but then it comes down to whether we want to let it over rule our principles or not.
Nevermind babe, what you're doing is for the bigger picture. Hugs.
Thanks Deds, I think karma will bite her in the ass but she probably thinks she didn't do anything to deserve it.
ReplyDeleteEllen, you know I'm here for u too my circle of friend.
Love lots,
B