I was so busy yesterday that I forgot that it was April Fool. I was working the whole day and not one person played a trick or made a joke. I only realised my lack of an April Fool when I came home after work and saw an article where Beckham said he was going to join the Aussie soccer team.
Then I thought of my school days when we told poor Mrs Rivai, our English lit teacher that our seniors didn't do very well in their SPM Eng Lit exams. And then when we played switcheroo with the Form 5 classes to fool Mrs Pang, our then vice principal and math teacher, who was such a good sport that she played along and continued to teach the classroom of students from different classes. I think if it were any other teacher, we would have surely been punished but she was so sporting about it that in the end, she made a joke that made the whole class laugh.
So anyway, there I was thinking about my extremely dull April Fools day when I read my aunty's post on Facebook that she was in shock after her son's girlfriend sent him an April Fool SMS saying that his gf had died. Talk about a stupid prank! Doesn't she know that her bf's family lost 3 family members last year, including my aunty's husband who was also his stepfather? Doesn't she know that it was her bf and his mum who tried to revive my uncle but it was too late?
Not that it's any of my business, but I don't think I'm all that excited to welcome her into the family. I hope she learns the lesson that it's not a joke if people get hurt. I bet my aunty has already given her an earful. Hope she had a good April Fools Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment